April 25, 2010

Need Mother's Day Gift Ideas?

Please let me share my other love...collecting vintage knickknacks! I was at Savers last night while hubby was putting our little stud to bed (I know I know...I'm a lucky girl.)
And L-O-O-K what I found! I was smiling ear to ear. These lovely tins are so darn cute! I paid under 2 bucks for both of them! Woo hoo! This is seriously addicting since you can get loads and loads of stuff for pennies! I love when I have a successful thrift store shopping day. I went to Goodwill earlier that day too and found some amazing vintage children books. Yay! That's for another project.

Aren't these flowers arrangement so perfect for the women in your life? Go hit up your local thrift store and hope that you can find one of these lovely tins. Say a little prayer before you go. Trust me it works. hehe
If she doesn't like flowers... (hmmm I personally haven't met one yet) you can always fill these tins up with some of her favorite things; ribbons, embellishments, sewing kits, buttons, yarn, etc. I wouldn't recommend food because you never know what was in those tins before.

If you are going to do flowers I would suggest to go with ONE type of flower and ONE color. It's more dramatic! Wouldn't you agree? I think so!

Alright, run don't walk to your local thrift shops!

No comments: