April 25, 2010

Embellish y-o-u!

Hello creative bloggers out there! I had to share these fabric flowers that I made awhile back but didn't have time to blog about. They are super affordable and fun to make! Who doesn't have some left over fabric and glue lying around the house? That's what I thought! Sorry no video tutorial on this project because I feel silly showing you how simple it is to make. All you need is some fabric scraps and Fabri-Tac. I guess hot glue would work too. I chose felt for the base of the flower but if you are going to use it on scrapbook pages you can use cardstock as a base too. What you'll need to do is glue the fabric strip into the center of the base and start twisting and gluing away until your base is full! Viola you got yourself a beautiful flower. Embellish the center of the flower using pearls, gems, crystals, whatever your lil' heart desires.

I love the versatility this gives me. I can don these flowers pretty much anywhere.... yes yes even on my body! (*wink)

I hope you give this a try and don't forget to email me some pictures!

No comments: