March 10, 2010

No Pastels Please!

Mister told me that he doesn't like Spring decoration because of the colors... PASTELS!
I guess pastels bunnies, eggs, flowers are just way too much for him. My brain was hurting trying to come up with something to decorate our house. I didn't want to spend a lot of money therefore I came up with this idea. I bought a book from the thrift store for like a buck. I think it turned out pretty cute! I did sneak in a few of the Spring colors but I don't think it screams pastels. Plus mister loves it which is a bonus! We are looking forward to Spring at our house!

This is how I constructed my wreath.

1. Cut a circular base using cardboard or anything sturdy.
2. Attach tulle or ribbon to the base. You want to do this now so the cones will cover it.
3. Cut pages out of your book.
4. Roll each page into a cone shape and hot glue to the circle base.
( I inked the edges of the paper - optional)
5. I have 3 rows of cones but you can have more or less it's up to you. It really depends on the size of your base. Leave some room in the center of the wreath for crumpled paper.
6. Crumple each page into a ball and hot glue to the center of the wreath
7. Decorate with buttons and butterflies (optional)

If you have any questions please email me or leave a comment with your email.

No comments: