October 9, 2011

Storyboard in a layout

Storyboard is another fun way to add pictures to the layouts. Storyboard is simply just a fancy name for collage. I love to group pictures from the same event to tell a story.

This is the story I wanted to tell...

1). Z was making 'Arizonan snowman.'
2). He thought one particular rock was so neat and couldn't wait to show it to me. (of course I snapped the picture as he was showing it to me... with little children you have to be ready to snap that magical moment. Wear the camera around your neck -- do not set it down!)
3). He kept challenging himself to see how high he could stack the rocks. It doesn't take long for Z to learn the law of gravity. He's definitely a 'learning by doing' kind of kid.


You do not need Photoshop to do this. You can use Picasa, Microsoft Word, and other programs.

So switch it up and give storyboard a try. This is another way to freshened up the look of your layouts.

Since this layout is picture heavy. I decided to journal around the outside perimeter. Yes you can still get some journaling in even though there are so many pictures. My new goal is to add journaling in every page. So far so good!




1 comment:

Ellen Jarvis said...

BEAUTIFUL layout and story, Bea! I love the storyboard idea, as well as the writing around the perimeter. Lovely idea to capture so many priceless pictures!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net